A review from a reader:
This is a creative, original, and VERY fast-paced book, that reminds me of what a brainstorming session between Bret Easton Ellis, Candace Bushnell, and Tina Fey might produce. As a male reader who doesn't have any taste for so-called "chick lit" (a pejorative term, I know), I was reluctant to pick this up... But, I was honestly glad I did. If you crave some truly refreshing writing for that next train ride or plane trip, want something you'll thoroughly enjoy page after page, all in a voice that is both quirky and invigorating -- pick this book up! Elisa Manzini is a recent transplant from Italy, but has an AMAZING knack for nailing the American mindset (particularly the travails and foibles of the modern American woman), and a voyeuristic appreciation of the United States that only, perhaps, an Italian steeped in the world of cinema and American pop culture trivia could bring to the task.
J. Tangredi
No comments:
Post a Comment